Baby lion and the Turtle

ENG

There is a Soviet cartoon "How the Baby Lion and the Turtle sang a song". The cartoon is about a baby lion who saw a big turtle. The turtle lies in the sun and sings a song. The Baby Lion likes it so much, that he wants to sing with the Turtle. But he can't sing about himself because he is very active and can't lie down as the lyrics says. They finally work out something, sing the song and become friends.
I wanted my son's classmates at the daycare to understand this song, so I came up with the following translation (the cartoon can be watched on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK_EREb1gWo; the Russian lyrics and music score are down below).

In the sun I lie and laze,
At the sun I squint and gaze
Here I lie, lie and laze,
'N' at the sun I squint and gaze

Alligators swim and crawl
Rhinos stomp their feet and stroll
But I lie, lie and laze,
'N' at the sun I squint and gaze.

A baby lion is nearby
Trying hard to catch my eye
But I lie, lie and laze,
'N' I won’t turn away my gaze.

RUS

Я на солнышке лежу,
И на солнышко гляжу,
Все лежу и лежу
И на солнышко гляжу.

Носорог-рог-рог идет.
Крокодил-дил-дил плывет.
Только я - все лежу
И на солнышко гляжу.

Рядом львеночек лежит
И ушами шевелит,
Только я - все лежу
И на львенка не гляжу.

No comments:

Post a Comment